At Center for Laboratory & Transfusion Medicine and the lab have given utmost attention to detail in selection of all the Laboratory instruments to ensure a 24*7 testing facility maintaining very cordial relations with all our suppliers to ensure the timely supply of best quality reagents and consumables.
Center for Laboratory & Transfusion Medicine has successfully established the following sections of testing:
- Core Laboratory: Complete automation, Biochemistry, Hematology and clinical pathology analyzers
- Hemoglobinopathy Laboratory: HPLCs and Capillary Electrophoresis for Hemoglobinopathy diagnosis
- High Complexity Histopathology – Cytopathology Laboratory: Histopathology, Liquid based cytology, Autostainers, Immunohistochemistry
- Cytogenetics & Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory: Karyotyping and Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation assays, BOB’s
- Microarray Lab: Affymetrix platform along with PCR and sequencing services.
- Microbiology, Immunology and Allergy Laboratory: Routine cultures, Immunology, Allergy, Immunoflouresence assays, Western blots, Bacterial growth and identification by Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization and Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF)
- Bio analytical Laboratory: HPLC, HPTLC, LCMS, GCMS, ICPMS,AAA for bioanalytical analysis and new born screening
- Clinical Research Unit: Supports contracted Clinical Research across the Hospitals of the group. It also supports external and internal funded student and faculty Research
- Independent Quality Assurance team. Responsible for maintenance of QMS, Is also responsible for laboratory Quality Management Systems and carries out Interlab comparisons across the group hospitals
Thumbay Labs has earned a great reputation for providing accurate & quality analysis within a specific time frame to its patients. The lab is supervised by experienced professionals and are aided by competent technologists who run the most modern diagnostic equipment. As a result, the Centres are able to deliver quality reports with utmost precision.
Additional measures to prevent the spread of the virus in the hospital include a unique fever clinic to treat patients with fever and screening them for COVID-19 symptoms, regular and detailed sanitisation protocols, chronic medication refill for patients via a simple phone call, 24-hour drive-through pharmacy service at the hospital premises, temperature monitoring of all patients, visitors and staff, emphasising hand hygiene and wearing masks, hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the hospital, and constant monitoring of staff health.
Steps are also in place to avoid overcrowding at the hospital by encouraging patients to plan their hospital visit with prior appointment only. Once they are at the hospital, patients are attended to quickly. Besides, the hospital operates dedicated lifts for access to and from the maternity ward, as well as dedicated operation theatres for patients requiring C-section.